Wednesday 11 April 2012

#26 Run the Circle Line


So a couple of months of training towards this day put me in a good position for attempting and completing this challenge. At times (even on the morning of the run) I doubted whether I would be able to achieve this goal. But in short, I did it! I prioritised documenting the challenge with a photo on each platform, and because of this I had to stop half way to re-charge my mobile phone. But anyway - to the statistics:

I calculate the run to be 33.44km in distance. In all reality though, taking platform tunnels and steps into consideration, it would have been about 35km - very good training for the London to Brighton in just over 4 weeks!

Running time was 6 hours precisely. 3 hours in the first half, then another 3 hours in the second.

The Circle Line visits 37 stations in total. 2 of these are visited twice (Paddington and Edware Road). I also visited these stations twice. There was one station though I did not visit as the station was closed for the week. I did however, run right past it - Cannon Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment